Friday, December 11, 2009

It's Winter!

Yeah! Winter's here. It is not snowman snow today about which Princess Eee was a bit confused, but the sledding was grand. I was dreading getting the sleds down because I didn't really want to coerce Princess Eee into trekking back up every time. If our family hikes this fall were any indication, I was in for it with the sledding hill. Plus, pulling Cupcake back up is like dragging an empty sled, so the unfairness is obvious. BUT what I had forgotten is that Princess Eee had no preconceived notions of what sledding entails nor any sledding etiquette. A blank sledding slate. Luckily we have small enough slopes around the house to put my brilliant plan into action safely. First, I made sure to never be at the bottom of the hill when they were. I mostly waited at the top to get them situated and give a starter shove. They each went down solo over and over and therefore saw no other alternative than to hike it back up with sled in tow. And sledding has proven to be MUCH more fun than hiking. A couple of times they did choose to go tandem, and Princess Eee did not hesitate to pull the sled back up being the big sister that she is. When they got tired of trudging back up, sledding was done and they were excited to come inside for some snow with maple syrup. We love winter!







1 comment:

shannon said...

What a brilliant plan!! Glad it worked for you and the girls were happy too. You make winter sound so romantic. Maybe I shouldn't be cursing my 40 degree NC day today...

When They Were Babies

When They Were Babies