I'm hoping I was slow because I broke (or sprained) my second toe on New Year's Eve when I stepped on Cupcake's portable umbrella that Santa brought. It wasn't hurting anymore until I jammed it into my snowboard boot. It's just a toe, and I waited a week. But I'm going with the toe excuse. And if Cupcake keeps getting out there which she will since she has the get-up-and-go that her oldest brother always has, she'll be flying past me in no time. She's linking turns on the flatter stuff already. Best part is, she's hooked. She loves it! She and #1 were cut from the same cloth in so many ways.
Sunday, January 8, 2012
weekend pics
The Spark's second gymnastics meet was tonight. This was a much bigger competition than the last one with somewhere between 25-35 girls in her age group. She got FIRST on bars! 9th on floor. 13th overall. And she cleared the vault both times (phew!). It was destined to be a late night since it was far from home and started late afternoon/early evening, so J and her brothers took her. And Gramma Ramma, Grampy Dude, and Aunt Caitlyn went to cheer her on too since it was very close to their house. I'm hoping J got video of each event, but luckily big brother #1 with the steel trap memory was there so I know I'll at least get to hear her official score in each event. It was a 9.45 that gave her the top spot on bars, her favorote event. Woo-Hoo!!
And I got to leave work early to make a few runs with the Middles yesterday. Turns out Cupcake is now the only snowboarder in the family who's still slower than me. The Spark has passed me by! She hung behind and after 1/2 of our first run she said, "Mom, I usually go faster than this so that is why I keep getting kind of close to you." I asked her if she'd rather go in front, but she said she liked riding so that she could keep me in her sight. The tables have turned.

I'm hoping I was slow because I broke (or sprained) my second toe on New Year's Eve when I stepped on Cupcake's portable umbrella that Santa brought. It wasn't hurting anymore until I jammed it into my snowboard boot. It's just a toe, and I waited a week. But I'm going with the toe excuse. And if Cupcake keeps getting out there which she will since she has the get-up-and-go that her oldest brother always has, she'll be flying past me in no time. She's linking turns on the flatter stuff already. Best part is, she's hooked. She loves it! She and #1 were cut from the same cloth in so many ways.
I'm hoping I was slow because I broke (or sprained) my second toe on New Year's Eve when I stepped on Cupcake's portable umbrella that Santa brought. It wasn't hurting anymore until I jammed it into my snowboard boot. It's just a toe, and I waited a week. But I'm going with the toe excuse. And if Cupcake keeps getting out there which she will since she has the get-up-and-go that her oldest brother always has, she'll be flying past me in no time. She's linking turns on the flatter stuff already. Best part is, she's hooked. She loves it! She and #1 were cut from the same cloth in so many ways.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
When They Were Babies
No comments:
Post a Comment