Sunday, March 7, 2010

mostly better

Not to leave you all hanging, we are mostly all better. Thank you for all the encouraging and sympathetic comments. Four of us did catch the stomach virus. Three did not, although I s'pose that could still be up in the air. Pink eye is gone. It is lovely when there is medicine for an ailment and it actually works. And we are still nit picking. Between me, J, and our babysitter (have I mentioned that we LOVE our babysitter?!) we picked through Ali's hair three times today. I think we won't be done with lice until we scan every single hair on her head which considering the sheer volume there, might take weeks, months, years. We'll see if she's all clear tomorrow for school, but I'm not holding my breath. The other girls will hopefully be good to go. Far less hairs to examine. And me...no one tells a person they cannot go buy groceries at the store if she has nits. J is going to pick nits for me again tonight while we watch the Oscars. Yes, we still have tv- since the Oscars were scheduled only a week after the winter Olympics, we left the cable on through tonight. Makes nit picking more fun anyway.

Since the boys had all recovered in time, they did two days of boarder-cross this weekend, and I think ended up with 6 golds between them. Next weekend, Zippy's birthday, they are taking the weekend off! No snowboarding for a whole weekend. We are going to Maine at Zippy's request for his b-day. Then they'll be back on the snow for the remaining weekends of the season.
Here they are with some pals today (#1 and Zippy are the back two kids):


1 comment:

AwesomeCloud and family said...

Sorry to hear the coconut oil didn't work. I had high hopes for it. The corn oil worked on me, but it was horribly messy. Hopefully picking them out the hard way will work. Good luck!

When They Were Babies

When They Were Babies