Saturday, June 25, 2011

Taking #1 to camp

The day is finally here. So much anticipation and preparation. "Will I have more bags than everyone else?" "Will anyone else bring a teddy bear?" "Will I have any friends?" "How far away will the bathroom be cuz I have to go at least once every night!?" Today is the day we take #1 to his first session ever of sleep-away camp. He is excited and mostly nervous. He is off fishing with J now because campers are not allowed to arrive at camp before 2pm and it is only an hour's drive away, so that left a lot of hours of this day to keep him busy and somewhat distracted. He has studied the camp's website obsessively. Watched all the video clips on the camp website a zillion times. I've been warned by seasoned camp drop-off day parents not to expect him to eat any lunch before arrival. I've been reminded to bring tissues for me.


His room is so clean and will remain that way for 3.5 weeks! That makes me sad. I think it will make Zippy sad too. Zippy who has talked of almost nothing other than how we could create another bedroom somewhere in this house for him alone. I think he will enjoy having his own room, maybe, for tonight.


No comments:

When They Were Babies

When They Were Babies