Saturday, April 19, 2008

10-15 Days?!?!?!

There could be a resolution coming from the judge in the near future. Information is at least matching up for once: the agency, the attorney, and what the court staff told J last week are all saying the same thing. I don't know if three separate entities have EVER all said the same thing in this Guate process 'til now. They all claim that we should have a resolution from the judge in 10-15 business days from last Friday or this past Monday. Yesterday the agency said we were on day 5 of those 10-15 days. J's birthday will be day 14 so what a great b-day present that'd be if the resolution is YES we can have Ali. Before anyone gets her hopes up too high though, please remember that we have seen over two years of empty promises from these people. It would not surprise us one bit if a zero was added to the end of the 15 day estimate.

On another note, we have had a really nice week with Cindy, a high school student from Guangdong Province, PRC. I can only hope our kids turn out as well as this 17 year old has. She is easy going, smart, sweet, funny, and quiet. (Okay, I know getting any of ours to turn out quiet might be a stretch.) She'll be back in Shenzhen for the summer, so we are planning on meeting in Guangzhou when we go pick up Chloe. Unless we don't get to go til after the Olympics b/c by then Cindy will be back in St. Johnsbury, VT for her senior year. Just another reason to keep hoping that we get to travel for Chloe before the Olympics. It would be so nice for all of us and especially the kids to see a familar face in China.

It's April vacation this week, so we are headed to Maine. That'll make it'll much easier to get from day 6 to day 10 of the 10-15 days. After that, maybe I'll have news to post.

2 comments:

Mamita J said...

HOLY COW L!!! 10-15 days! Oh, that would be SO AWESOME if it happens. I know how hard it is to get your hopes up, but this does sound promising. I'll be praying like crazy over the next 3 weeks.

May God go before you and pave the way for your beautiful Ali to come home.

Love to you,
Julie

Jodie said...

wow, I will be sending up many thoughts & prayers for the next 10-15 days for you all

When They Were Babies

When They Were Babies