




J had a great 4 hours with Ali in Guate today. (See pics above.) They played in the Westin's playroom, lunched, and she even went swimming with Daddy despite never having been immersed in any water before. The swimming suit that I took out of #3's drawer to put it into J's bag for this trip was a tad small I guess. Ali is a big 2.5 year old- especially for a Guatemalan. Especially for a gal who's birth mother is 4ft.11in. It was a bikini top and Jason said she is so used to having so many more clothes on that she kept pulling in the top trying to get it cover more of her belly. Sorry, Ali, next time Mami will pack a less revealing swimsuit!
By the end of the visit, A was hugging and kissing J. And J had such an emotionally exhausting day with her and the whole good bye thing that he doen't think he can go through that again this week. So I'm not sure if he'll see her again or not. He has arrabged for her to go to a doctor's appointment tomorrow though.
And the bad news that came to me via a very insensitive email from the agency while J was enjoying his time w/ his long lost daughter is that the judge has ordered ANOTHER doctor's evaluation on A's birth mom. This will be the fourth doctor to evaluate her and the third fo rthis judge. They have all said the same thing. She is indeed deaf and does not speak but she is menatlly competent and aware of her decision to place this child for adoption. What else can a new doctor determine!?!?!?!?!?!?!?! It is so beyond ridiculous that I cannot really even think about it.
J has taken the bad news in stride and is trying to get the birth mom to a certified doctor while he is there. That'd be a goo dstep since the last 3 doctor eval's took between 3 and 6 months to complete. He was having dinner with our Guate attorney so we'll see how that went when I talk to him next.
2 comments:
OK, wow. This is intense--how, I don't know, bold of your guy to just get out there and do this, to get in there with your daughter and get his hands in with the attorneys. I know that's his style from what you've written, but I have to admire him for it. My fingers are seriously crossed for you. At least, when this finally comes through, all that will go a long way towards making the transition smoother...geez, what a pitiful silver lining!
the agency was insensitive?? Noooooooooo. ;)
Post a Comment