Sunday, January 25, 2009

Happy B-day #1!

Ooooooo, I didn't realize how long it'd been since I last posted. Time flies. The last nine years sure have. True, we have packed a lot into those nine years: lived in three different houses, added four kids to our coupledom, started an elementary school, changed jobs twice, started a business, trained a Marley-like puppy, traveled to China, traveled to Guatemala several times, remodeled this house twice, built a garden, moved that garden, gave up on the graden and went to the beach.

And that's just what J and have been up to in the last nine years. The kids have been even busier. And #1 has been busy growing up at an alarming rate. Nine years ago right this very minute I was in agony wondering if I could possibly live through what I was going through. Two hours from now nine years ago, #1 made his vigorous entrance into this world. And he hasn't slowed down since.

He opened his presents this morning on his way out the door to a half-pipe competition. Before you look at the pictures, let me warn you about his eye. Yes, he has a shiner. No he did not get in a fight. Unless you claim that the mean wall of the half-pipe did that to him on purpose. Let's just say he got a VERY close up look at the icy hard surface yesterday. Don't worry, it did not slow him down one bit.




He's so grown up now that he carefully opened and read each card before diving into the gifts. That would not have happened last year!

I'll post tomorrow about our Chinese New Year party that we threw last night so that today can be #1's day. And a quick update from Guatemala: more delays!




No comments:

When They Were Babies

When They Were Babies