Saturday, February 14, 2009

Guate UN-update

Almost two years since I've held my middle daughter. Almost a full year since J splashed with her in the hotel pool. Nine and a half weeks since the judge approved Ali's adoption. Six weeks since our file entered the Guate gov't office that issues birth certificates. Three weeks since that office claimed our file needed two more official documents before they can issue Ali a new birth certificate. Still no birth certificate. Unbelievable is the word that may first come to mind, but it is all too believable based on our experience. It is going exactly as we would expect for this adoption. It will be slow to the bitter end. It will be unbelievable when Ali walks off that airplane, and I can wrap my arms around her and bring her to her new home.

As for the rest of us hanging out at home while the big guys are at a Boardercross competition today...


Cupcake is a little stinker.
Her new favorite hiding place. She climbs in this cabinet and closes the doors.


The sweater I knit for The Spark on my pick-up trip to China the first time around.


Mod jumper I made originally for Ali but now fits Cupcake perfectly.












2 comments:

lpiccoli said...

Lise, I am so sorry this is still dragging. I keep hoping to see a post on your blog with great news!!! I know it's coming...hang in there!!!

Hugs from GA,

Laura

shannon said...

they're so cute!

from eiley

When They Were Babies

When They Were Babies