Tuesday, February 17, 2009

The Spark's Birthday Adventure

The Spark is FIVE! She often says she wishes she could fly, so we took her flying. The rest of us were more than happy to give it a try too. A great time was had by all. Well, all except Cupcake who was too little to do anything but watch, and she's not one for being side-lined. The Spark was so brave; she went first and just jumped right into it like it was no big deal. I was a little nervous, but #2 had just had a turn and said to me, "Mom, I was a little scared at first too, but then it's really fun!" So I figured if little Mr. Cautious himself didn't think it was too scary, I would be fine. He was right. It was fun. And you can probably guess that #1 is already asking about when we can do it again. Thanks for having such a cool wish, Sparky, and for sharing your birthday fun with all of us!


For the kids the wind speed was around 100 mph and for the grown-ups it was closer to 200 mph. The instructors and regulars have the wind speed up at 200 mph, and they can do all kinds of cool tricks. The kids mostly stayed a few feet above the bottom screen thingy unless the instuctor was holding onto them like you can see in the video where he takes The Spark up a bit higher.








1 comment:

shannon said...

OK Lisen this is just amazing! I've never heard of such a place! And your photos are excellent!!

When They Were Babies

When They Were Babies