Friday, February 20, 2009

A Little Late on Spark's Anniversary

I just realized after reading Tracy & Laura's blogs which both have Happy 3 year Gotcha Day anniversary posts on them right now (Happy 3 years, girls!!), that The Spark's Gotcha Day anniversary day did not get a post. We met in Changsha on January 17, 2005 and came home on January 26, 2005. It is always #1's birthday and often CNY right in that same time frame, so although we did remember it had been 4 years (!) on those dates, I neglected to post about it. So here it is a month after the fact...

Here she is at 3 months old in her referral photo:
And here she is at The White Swan after we'd known each other 1 week:
And here she is with a cold being a little silly and a little spacey a few weeks ago:

She is so sweet, so funny, so smart, and of course, so beautiful! We are so lucky that she was chosen for us and that we are her family!

3 comments:

Lola Granola said...

Howdy! Good to see those cute pictures. I was just feeling a little ancy over not having a referral, so I came to see you, unwilling queen of Zen waiting, and took a deep breath. Had to send in all our dates so that we can look at when things will expire, and really, we have a while, and I have nothing to complain about!

Hope things are good and moving on your end.

Lola Granola said...

Me again ! I lost your email, and I have a question I just KNOW you can answer off the top of your head while I wait for Kathleen to email me...
How long is our homestudy good for?

I get the idea Pam is settling us in for a nice long wait, and I only HOPE it's to lower our expectations!

Tracy Peed said...

So cute to see baby Spark. Happy anniversary!

Tracy

When They Were Babies

When They Were Babies