Thursday, August 6, 2009

The NOID

Got the NOID today. It states what the U.S. gov't thinks the Guatemalan gov't *should* have done in this case. The U.S. has no jurisdiction over the Guatemalan government IN GUATEMALA!!!!!! I am so mad, I think there really might be smoke coming out of my ears. This child was so clearly an orphan. If the law keeps her from being legally classified as such, then this law needs to be rewritten. Never have I wanted to be Canadian more than after reading this NOID from our lovely U.S. Department of Homeland Security. I do not know how this will all turn out. At least we only have to wait til she's 16 though to try a different tack to get her into this land of the free. I thought it was 18 until I read the NOID.

4 comments:

Cindy said...

I am so sorry your struggle continues. It is truly a disgrace that it is this difficult for a family and child to join each other. Your strength and tenacity in your pursuit to bring your daughter home is amazing. Don't give up!!!

Tracy Peed said...

Lisen-
So sadden t hear about this. Keep fighting, if anyone will get this done, I know you will. We will keep you all in our prayers. Hugs!

Tracy & Family

Mommy said...

I am so sorry. I do not even know what to say. I will continue to pray for you and your family.

Lola Granola said...

But what does that MEAN? Does anyone know? It just doesn't seem like anyone anywhere in our government is thinking about actual PEOPLE right now.

When They Were Babies

When They Were Babies