Monday, October 19, 2009

One Month Home

At a party Saturday eve:

On a hike Sunday afternoon. Princess Eee's first hike. She has a ways to go to get in shape for living in these mountains with this family. And, yep, that's Cupcake throwing a fit in her PJ's & refusing to wear her jacket.

At the same Saturday eve party (mucho progress has been made recently in bonding with Papi Moco Loco):

Hula-Hooping Sisters at same party:




It has officially been one month since Princess Eee first stepped into our home. Things that I never would have thought we'd have worked through by now have settled in. If you had told me a few weeks ago that she'd sleep in her bed by herself and tell me proudly every morning that she slept well with The Spark ("with" meaning in the same room, The Spark still won't share her bed), I never would have believed she'd be doing it by now. If you had told me a few weeks ago that she could skip a bath every few days and not have a complete meltdown about it, I never would have believed you. If you had told me a few weeks ago that she could gracefully accept the fact that one yogurt + one yogurt squeeze + one yogurt Smoothie per day was sufficient, I never would have believed it.

However, if you had told me that Princess Eee would still not really use any English other than "Hi, Bye, Thank you, and watch out," I also would have been surprised. It'll start soon though everyone tells me.

Both Cupcake and Princess Eee had their first swimming lesson today. Even though Cupcake can pretty much jump in and swim around, she was the non-compliant one of the duo and therefore appears to have further to go in the learning process. I think they both had fun though.

2 comments:

Lola Granola said...

I seem to know that one in the snow refusing to wear her jacket...

Lily asks about you all almost every day--the day after halloween, I tell her! The day after!

I wish it was Halloween right now, she says.

Lola Granola said...

I also have to tell you that the word verification is
"jiblebut."

When They Were Babies

When They Were Babies