The birthday girl had a great first day at school without me or J today. She only cried once when she got a little overzealous on the very undersized plastic airplane teeter-totter outside, and tipped it over on herself. There is no one at the school who can balance her out on the teeter-totter, so she ends up pushing up really hard with her legs, and this time pushed it right over I guess. I didn't see it because I wasn't there. But, her ESL aide/translator extraordinaire relayed the event. Those were the only tears shed, and she allowed the teachers & aide to comfort her and moved on. She called me once right after J left her there to ask where I was and where Daddy was, all very matter of fact, and then we all met back at the preschool after lunch to share pumpkin cupcakes with her new friends and bring the birthday girl home.
Family gifts were opened tonight. Her M.O. was rip 'em open as fast as possible and then see what ya' got after.

Okay, it can snow now; Princess Eee is ready!

She wanted to try on all her new clothes, all one on top of the other.
This was this a.m. before heading off to school. I think she believes this hat is just hers and is going to be less than pleased when Cupcake gets to wear it (with one less candle) in exactly one month from today.
Tonight I started her cake for Saturday's princess party. It's one of those really deep pans that is supposed to make the cake look like the bottom of a princess's dress and then the top gets half a princess doll stuck in it. So it is baking and baking and baking and not getting done. I used the same pan a couple years ago to make a snow covered mountain for a snowboarding party for #1, and I don't remember it taking soooooo long to bake. Hopefully the decorating part won't be a disaster.
1 comment:
Happy Birthday to the Princess! Hope the whole day goes wonderfully well...and tomorrow, too (as letdown can set in).
Love,
Julie
Post a Comment