Wednesday, January 20, 2010

5 years ago already?!

Really!?! Five years already?!?! January 2005: I was in China with Gramma Ramma getting to know The Spark. Next Tuesday will be the anniverasry of her arriving home in NH. Last Sunday was the five year anniversary of meeting my beautiful girl. This time of year brings to mind so many thoughts about The Spark and her life thus far and the people in China who loved her. I wonder if her foster mother thinks about the day she had to leave The Spark in my lap and walk out being pulled by the SWI staff leaving the round little baby she'd obviously loved for those eleven months. I cannot believe that special trip was five years ago.

Checking documents, translating her schedule, stealing a few precious moments with The Spark's foster mother:

"Oh my! You are my daughter!"
"Oh my! You are my mommy!"



1 comment:

Tracy Peed said...

So sweet. I love the pics of little Spark. We celebrate four years with Addie in a about a month - it goes so fast.

Hope princess E's arm is healing well. Take care :)

Tracy

When They Were Babies

When They Were Babies