Sunday, June 15, 2008

Good Weekend

Three things to share from this weekend:

Father's Day included a viewing of Kung Fu Panda, and the old tortoise Kung Fu master summed up our adoption journey perfectly with a Chinese proverb. It went something like "Often times people meet their destiny on the road to avoid it." Rings true for us. We decided against adopting Ali's biological sister two years ago because we really didn't want to adopt a child as old as 3 years, and we didn't really think we wanted five kids. Now we are hoping to get #4 AND #5 home a.s.a.p. and Ali is closing in on three years old. It made perfect sense when the tortoise master said it.

#3 had her first gymnastics show on Friday night, and she did great. She had a blast and was bouncing around the entire time. Probably had something to do with the fact that her group's routine wasn't on until an hour after her bedtime and then there were awards at the very end, so she was a bit punchy to say the least.

And I must share part of our dinner conversation from tonight. In honor of J for Father's Day, we asked the kids to tell us their three favorite things about Daddy. We didn't make it past #1 because his response stole the show (for me anyway). His answer was, "The three best things about Daddy are he's really nice, his snowboarding abilities, and he picked the right Mommy." Awwwwwwwwwwwwwww.

Oh and there's a 4th thing I guess too. I shot THREE hole-in-ones at mini golf today and #3 got one too!

Here's a photo from the gymnastics show...




Still hoping for news this week!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2 comments:

Mommy said...

I come here every morning to see if you have any good news to share. Praying that travel comes quickly for Chloe and you find a resolution with your Guatemalan beauty...SOON! I think you all have been in the waiting phase long enough.

-Mommy
(I know you from the Xingfu board.)

lpiccoli said...

Hey Lisen, I tagged you. Check out my blog!!!!

www.finallyfamilyoffour.blogspot.com

Hugs from GA,

Laura

When They Were Babies

When They Were Babies