Friday, October 17, 2008

Un-officially

The doctor's report made it to the courthouse FINALLY. But according to our agency, it is physically there but not officially there. Probably arrived too late today to be logged in or stamped, certified, passed from one paralegal to another to another to another as it slowly, very slowly makes its way to officially submitted status. The agency hopes by the end of Monday our case will be officially back in line for the judge's review. Then we'll be living in the land of could-be-any-day that we hear what's next. Anyone who's been through an international adoption knows all too well how long "any day now" can stretch on and how miserable it makes a waiting parent. But for the weekend, we can rest easy that one more teeny tiny baby step forward has been accomplished.

And Cupcake will finally have a social security number soon. I finally went and applied today. And while there I updated The Spark's status from permanent resident alien to citizen- three years later but better late than never.

Since most family blog readers visit blogs for the photos, here are a few more from last weekend...


#1's boat is really coming along. He and J put the fiberglass sheeting on it last weekend.

Little bit chubbier than in China, right, travel mates?

Here's #2 with his fierce spear warrior face on. He was protecting us ladies on the beach.

And I just love this one of The Spark...

2 comments:

lpiccoli said...

Yeah for the doctor's report!!!!! I will keep my fingers and toes crossed for you guys!!

Keep us posted!!!

Hugs,

Laura

Cassie said...

Oh Lisen. I hope and pray something is done about your case SOON and Ali can come home...

When They Were Babies

When They Were Babies