Monday, April 27, 2009
Finally...an update!
Vacations are all over now for awhile, and we are all back home with computer and internet access again. While we were away Ali got a Guatemalan passport, saw her regular doctor and the US Embassy doctor, gave a little of her DNA from inside her cheek, and was told that Papi Jason will be coming very soon to take her home to Mami Lisen. The DNA sample should be processed/tested/whatever they do to it to issue their report this week in North Carolina and then sent speedy delivery back to the US Embassy in Guatemala. This DNA test, the 2nd one in the process, proves that Ali is indeed the same child whose DNA matched that of the woman relinquishing her for adoption back in the winter of 2006. Once the Embassy receives the report proving this fact, they have 48 hours (I think) to tell us when our visa appointment is. That is the day that J will have to be at the Embassy with Ali! Two days after that they will fly home. So if all goes swimmingly, he could be zipping down to Guate in about two weeks!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
When They Were Babies
4 comments:
Praying for good news and speedy test results- I can't wait to see Ali united with the Kern gang. Just in time for summer - what fun.
Take Care!
Tracy
YIPPEE!!!! I'm hoping things do go swimmingly. You all deserve it!
WOOOOHOOOOOO! I am so excited for you. I can only imagine how difficult the years of waiting have been. I know you can't wait to see her again! Congrats!
I'm keeping my fingers crossed that this DNA testing goes well and you soon have Ali in your arms!!
Post a Comment