Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Got it!

Ali is now officially Alisson Violeta Kern! Our agency's facilitator went back to the Amatitlan town office today and got Ali's new birth certificate which lists us as her parents! What a relief. FINALLY.
The not such good news is that the attorney's office is now closed until Monday for Holy Week and Easter. So the next step, getting Ali a passport so she can leave the country and apply for a visa to immigrate, will have to wait until next week. But what's one week after 166 weeks?!?!
And meanwhile in Colorado, J came in 3rd in the slalom today on a freestyle board even! The 1st and 2nd place guys were on race boards with hard boots, but J was in his squishy freestyle boots with his wide stance. I'm so psyched for him. We thought this would be the #1 show, but it's turning out to be the #1's dad show. #1 was in the top few in his age group, but then he fell so he didn't place. He really didn't mind though because racing isn't his thing either. He's really looking forward to the slopstyle and half-pipe later this week.
And here are some photos from last weekend when it was just us girls (#2 was at a sleepover).

These pics were The Spark's idea. I guess she's so used to me asking for a photo whenever she and Cupcake wear something that matches, that this day she demanded the photo session.


What a nut! Cupcake raided the cubbies on the mudroom and came up with this ensemble.





















8 comments:

Lola Granola said...

Wa hoo for you! That's real progress...but until EASTER? It's only Tuesday! Wailing for you...

Misty pointed out to me yesterday that I had my timetable all wrong, so we're adding a solid month onto our probably optimistic expectation....but that's NOTHING to 166 weeks!

mica said...

yeah!!!! What a relief I know!

Jodie said...

Lisen!! YAY!! FINALLY doesn't begin to describe it!!

Tracy Peed said...

YEAH!! So glad to hear that you got Ali's BC. What a relief. Sounds like everyone is having a good spring break. Hope you have a great Easter.

Tracy

Muffy's Heart said...

A huge sigh of relief! :)

kelly said...

Lisen,
I am soooo excited for y'all!! Each step has taken forever, but the end is finally in sight!!

lpiccoli said...

Yeah Kern Family and newly "Kerned" Alisson!!!!! This is the best news I got this week!

I have been thinking about you guys, wondering if you were going to hear before Easter, and voila, here you are!

So happy for you guys!

Brace yourself though...4 year-olds are a handful!!!!! ;-)

Hugs from GA,

Laura

Mommy said...

WOOOHOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!! I am so excited for you and your family!!!!! I know you are over the moon (which is technically where I am still floating after our referral). I am praying the next few weeks will go smoothly. HOORAY!

When They Were Babies

When They Were Babies