Thursday, June 4, 2009

Break from the Battle

UPDATED 6/5


In taking a break from battling bureaucrats and getting to know the guys who work in the NH offices of our congresspeople, I finally finished the girls' gathered dresses from a tutorial on HouseOnHillRoad. I have not made Ali's yet, because I'm too superstitious, but there is one in the works for her as well. Here's The Spark's:




Cupcake is napping so I'll post hers later but maybe without her in it so that I don't have to force her to hold still for the photo. All three are made from Kokka fabrics from Japan that are linen with deep color and funky prints. Once Ali's is done, it'll be awhile before I sew with eleastic thread again!



And here is Miss Cupcake's dress but w/out the gorgeous model:



Back to the bureaucrats...looks like J will be headed to Guate very soon for a face off with DHS at the Embassy. With a lot of luck and if the planets are in complete alignment and with some divine intervention thrown in, he might be able to bring Ali home with him this trip. That will also depend on how long he can stay in one stretch. Luckily the hotels all have high speed internet. Sometimes it is even fairly dependable. But we are resigned to the fact that this will probably just be a move-it-along trip as there is still a chance that we have a looooooong battle with DHS ahead. I'll keep you posted.

UPDATE to the battle of the bureaucrats: J's not going anywhere soon. Well, maybe Manchester to our USCIS (immigration) field office. Our agency wants all the time we have to gather every possible bit of supporting evidence to submit to the Embassy in case this is the only shot we get at this. With the one NOID they had seven years ago they used all of the 40 days the Embassy allows between issuing the NOID and needing the rebuttal to be submitted. So we are hpoing we can sign the I-600 at the Manchester office despite what the Embassy is trying to tell us. Hopefully we will know if that is what we can do early next week. We also have to hire an immigration attorney here in the USA. We have two leads so far so hopefully by the end of today we'll know which one to hire.

I'm also researching about ombudsmen b/c the USCIS has one of their very own.

1 comment:

Wuxi Mommy said...

Oh, I hope this trip is the ONE and your Ali can finally come home. I admire you for the way you've perservered through so much to bring your little girl home!

When They Were Babies

When They Were Babies