Monday, June 22, 2009

Guatemala900 trip


I marched, chanted, lit candles, met w/ a 20-something legislative aide, spoke with two State Dep't employees and ate out without any of my kids for two days. Articles appeared in the Washington Post and the Miami Herald about the march and our cause. We met some great people including the Deputy Ambassador to the USA from Guatemala. And I had a fun time with my travel companions too. Did any of it do any good? Probably nothing can or could have for our particular case, but to get the US and Guatemala to work toward finishing up the hundreds of in process cases behind us, maybe. For more info on the group that organized the march and links to the newspaper articles about it, check out www.guatemala900.org

I have another phone consult with another immigration attorney tomorrow morning, and then we hope to firm up our game plan in our fight to get Ali home.




1 comment:

Heather said...

Any news? We're still following your story.

When They Were Babies

When They Were Babies