I am excited to say that plans have been made for me and my good friend JG w/ her sweetest-Guate-baby-ever in tow to head to DC for the march/rally/vigil in honor of the 900 babies and kids stuck in the Guatemalan adoption process since the system closed and "reforms" began. Thank you UNICEF (NOT!) for pushing so hard to get the system shut down yet doing nothing to help complete these 900 adoptions for children that have nowhere else to go. The march is Wednesday the 17th from the Capitol to the White House in the morning, and the candlelight vigil is at the Guatemalan Embassy that evening. Ali is one of those 900 kids so you can bet I'll have her beautiful face on a big poster to carry with me. We'll meet all kinds of other moms and dads whose kids are stuck like Ali + lots who already have their kids home safe and sound. Hopefully with all of us together we can make a statement that convinces the US State Dep't and USCIS to start helping, not hindering, these legitimate adoptions.
It'll be my first night(s) away from Cupcake, so I'm a little sad and nervous about that, but I'm sure she'll do fine with J. And the kids will all have fun with our new sitter who was already planning on working for us that week anyway.
1 comment:
Thank-you from this mama.
dawn
Post a Comment