Wednesday, September 2, 2009

holding my breath

I must be turning blue by now. I am looking forward to being able to exhale later today. We have not heard yet whether or not our rebuttal was successfully submitted this morning in Guatemala City as planned. One would like to think that this is a very simple step and we could rest assured that it did indeed get submitted. But this is Guate, and as I just read on a Guatemalan-American blog that I follow, they have a saying in Guate that Guatemala is known as the land of bolos, balas, y bolas. That's drunks, bullets, and viscious rumors. She said it, not me! So, hopefully the attorney got to the Embassy and got to the window and handed the stack of paper through the slot in the window before anything terrible happened.

And we heard from another Guate adoptive parent who is thinking class action suit. Sounds intriguing.

UPDATED: Our rebuttal was submitted. We have a copy of the first page with the stamp from the Embassy saying it was received today, September 2, 2009. Phew. Now they can go ahead and approve us any ol' time!

1 comment:

DFNY said...

What a relief indeed. SOOO glad to hear you have the stamped page. Continuing to pray for Ali and all of you.

Damaris

When They Were Babies

When They Were Babies