Well, so far the flights are going very smoothly, and Jason has no idea what a mess things are on the ground since he is in the air. I got an email today from the lovely US Embassy in Guate saying that they made a mistake and there will be no DHS officers available for visa interviews on Wednesday. WHAT!?!?!?!?! They want to reschedule our appointment for next Monday which would mean Jason and Ali cannot come home until next Wednesday. I called Wally Bird at International Operations and he is looking into what can be done. I am waiting for his return phone call now. And I emailed the Embassy back and told them that this is absolutely unacceptable and they need to fix their mistake without causing us any further money or time. Not that it'll do any good. Have I mentioned lately how much I despise the US Embassy in Guatemala City??!?!?!?!
UPDATE: Wally Bird is definitely the nicest, most efficient, kindest person at USCIS by a long shot. He is certainly the nicest, most efficient, kindest bureaucrat in our government and probably any other for that matter. Right now in my book, he is also the nicest, most efficient, kindest human being I know. He pulled some strings today for sure. Our visa appointment will remain as scheduled. But Ali is going to be the hotel TONIGHT probably by the time J and crew arrive!
Monday, September 14, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
When They Were Babies
6 comments:
ARRRRRRRRRRRRRRGH!!!!!!!!!!
holding my breath for you (and way to go Cupcake and Spark!).
Spitting nails here in St. Louis!
And praying for your family.
This is beyond ridiculous....
I'm so sorry.
Love,
Julie
Whaaat?? Crossing my fingers that things get straightened out right away!
Yeah, Yeah , Yeah!!!!! I know you won't rest until they are home but they will be! congrats
I am SO GLAD that I didn't read this until after you had the confirmation that the visa appt will still be Wed. SIGH! So Ali is already with J at the hotel...at last! Congratulations. She's almost home!
Damaris
Post a Comment