Friday, September 18, 2009

Today's the Day!


Assuming they get in before midnight, TODAY is the day! Ali will be in NH tonight. We are all raw nerves today. The boys stayed home from school to "rest up" since they HAVE to stay up so late tonight. That, and #1 played a soccer gane last night on a full size field and they hike all day at their school on Fridays so he presented a legitimate case this morning. And if #1 is skipping, then no way was Zippy going solo. The girls, however, are at school, but I think we'll pick them both up at noon and head south. There's a pool at the airport hotel, so we might as well get our money's worth.


I think we're mostly ready. At least the house is. The humans in the house can probably never be ready for this next phase. But, we've vacuumed, cleaned the kitchen, straightened Ali & The Spark's room, folded most of the laundry, bought a few groceries, made Welcome Home signs, loaded the car with enough carseats for all, tracked their first of three flights, put out sheets for our beloved dog sitter, and printed out a few key phrases in spanish to refresh my memory.


Alita Bonita, here we come!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

9 comments:

Lund7 said...

Enjoy this special reunion with your beautiful daughter!!!

Dawn said...

SO SO SO EXCITED FOR YOU!!!! Be sure and take LOTS of pictures to post!!!!! :D

shelley said...

Wow, what an exciting time for your family. I know are all sooooo excited. Praying that all goes well.

toni said...

YIPPPEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am so happy for you! How many carseats do you have to have in NH?

Jodie said...

O.M.GOSH!!! I haven't been on the blogs in a while & have missed a few weeks!! I'm so so so happy for ya'll! Congratulations does not cover it enough!!!

Lola Granola said...

Ok, thinking of you--things have changed since Friday, even? The next phase is right...

Lola Granola said...

Thinking of you...the next phase is right! Normal life (well, "normal") lies ahead...

DFNY said...

I'm so excited and happy for you all! Know that we're thinking of you here in NY and keeping you in our prayers. I'm sure Ali will be happy she's sharing a room with The Spark and is not alone. Sending you and your family lots of love and good wishes for a smooth transition.

Damaris
P.S. "Alita" literally means "little wing".

Deb said...

I am praying that you guys are doing well and that Ali is starting the bonding process.

Love and hugs,
Deb

When They Were Babies

When They Were Babies