As of last night Ali was starting to mix moments of silliness and playfulness into her emotional roller coaster of ups and downs. One minute she is outgoing and happy, the next withdrawn and distant, and the next inconsolable in tears. For her first full day without her foster family this is amazing. She even said "Hola Mami" to J's laptop last night when we were skyping. And I heard her giggling while she and B. were in bed playing video games. She fell asleep in her dress playing B.'s Nintendo DS.
They went to Antigua yesterday and Ali seemed better out of the hotel too. She told everyone she saw- security guards, shopkeepers, waiters, etc. that her name is Ali and she's three and a half years old and her Mami Magda left her. All very matter of fact. I guess she felt the need to explain to people why she was hanging out with two people who look like J and Shari.
Oh and she's huge. The size 9 shoes we packed and Shari took down there for her are too small. She's almost as big as B. who is six. Shannon if you're reading, maybe we should introduce her to Armand!
And, KJ if you're reading, you'll love this: she went to the potty no less than 30 times yesterday.
Hoping she'll have some fun today and start allowing J to do some parenting since yesterday it was all about Shari. And Shari said she's really heavy to carry around all day!
Thursday, September 17, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
When They Were Babies
2 comments:
I laughed out loud! Poor J on the plane trip home...
Rory's not huge, but all the shoes I had out for her were too small too. These girls and their long skinny feet...
Can't wait to see you all in two weeks! I could use some BTDT support and I'm sure you'll be ready for some, too. Thinking of you--and I'll BRING HER NAME PAPER!
You must be beside yourself with happiness right now. And I could not be more happy for you. Blessings for the transition period now.
Cindi
Post a Comment