Monday, September 8, 2008

Flying Solo

Here we are my first day as Cupcake's primary caregiver, and the morning went surprisingly well. She did not cry when we said goodbye to J. She did not even cry one bit in the carseat to tak eher sib's to school. Morning drop-off is about the same time of day that she had been getting a bottle at the orphanage, so we've started giving her that bottle when she gets in the carseat. Two days of that now, and it works like a charm. We'll see how it plays out in the days to come.

When we got home, she and I played outside enjoying a nice, sunny dose of vitamin D and exploring the playset & sandbox. From what I can tell, she had never been on a slide, never been on a swing, and never touched sand before. She had no idea what to do in the sandbox. Once I showed her how to dig and filled up the bucket for her, she loved grabbing handfuls and tasting them.

It is so much fun to have a toddler around again. Although I know it had been TOO long without one in the house because I put on a white shirt this morning. What was I thinking?!?!
I'm trying to stay hopeful for this afternoon b/c when she wakes up she REALLY wants Dada and today she'll not only get Mama but she'll have to get right in her carseat to pick up the big kids. And her nap so far has been very fitful.Quiet for a few minutes and then some cries. She will let me carry her now and play with her and feed and even change her. But comfort her? No way. Makes for a tough time for both of us when she's upset. Oh well. For our first day alone together, giant strides have been made.



Maybe this little dog isn't so scary after all.


Yep. The rainboots go all the way up to her knees.

3 comments:

Tracy Peed said...

Great to hear you are making strides with Cupcake. Tomorrow is my first solo day - I'm a little freaked out, but Addie has been such a great helper so if Jackson decides to pitch a big fit hopefully she can talk him down. They are really sweet to each other.

I am loving all the at home pictures of the fabulous "K" family. Thanks for sharing. I think Jackson is really missing your kids and the high fives.

Hugs!

Tracy

Mommy said...

She looks like she is adjusting well.

Lola Granola said...

She looks great..glad to hear things are getting better. We just completed the last of our paperwork to fax to Debbie H...a huge step.

Love those Boden shirts! We have three--soon I'll have to order #4~

When They Were Babies

When They Were Babies