Yes! Blood was drawn. Poor J will probably never do that again with any of our kids. It took forever to get enough blood out of Cupcake's tiny arm for the tests our pediatrician has ordered. Both Dada and Cupcake were dripping with sweat when they came out of the lab. Cupcake feel fast asleep on the drive home and J bounced back quickly too. And our doc said we can wait til Cupcake's next appointment in 8 weeks to do the TB test, so she's off the hook for awhile. Phew!
And we heard today that a date has been set for Ali's birth mother to be evaluated AGAIN in Guatemala City. I honestly have lost count now of how many times this woman has had to come into the city to meet with one doctor or another. Now she lives 3 hours outside the city too so it's more difficult (and more expensive) to get her into the city. Can't wait to see how much extra $$ they'll ask us for this time. So, September 30th is the date, and we are trying to be hopeful that this is THE LAST thing the judge could possible ask for in order to make her decision. It could still take forever to know one way or the other though since after the eval. I'm sure the "forensic institute" which is responsible for this evaluation will need to write up an official report. Those seem to take ages to complete in Guate. Month 32 of our wait for Ali and yet another step is ready to be taken but still no real end in sight.
Wednesday, September 17, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
When They Were Babies
2 comments:
Lisen, I am sorry to hear that Guatemala is still a mess!!! I will keep you guys in my prayers.
Yeah on the blood. I know you have gone back and forth a few times. Tomorrow is our turn. Ouch! Shots and lab. No fun!!!!
Hugs from GA,
Laura
Glad the blood draw is over! I'm so sorry to hear about Ali. Your family is in my prayers. I can't wait to rejoice with you when another baby joins your family. I hope it is soon!
Post a Comment