Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Music Class

Cupcake and I had her first Music Together class this morning, and it was a bit overwhelming for her. She's been doing so well this week: sleeping, eating, playing, laughing, riding in the car. She even signed "more" unprompted this morning when she wanted more snack! And I got a little love pat on my shoulder. So well that I forget this is still all so new for her. I remembered during music class when she cried and we take two breaks in the other room. (Plus everyone's shoes were in the other room and I think they were calling to her! She would be happy trying on shoes all day.)

She is waving hello and goodbye on her own now. She goes to bed when the big kids do at 7pm and she wakes up at 6:30. Ahhhhhhhhh. She drinks whole milk from a sippy cup or water bottle now and no more baby bottles. And I dare say she hasn't bitten anyone in almost a week!
We still haven't gotten any blood for any tests, but we will go tomorrow for another try. Our ped added a kidney function panel in case there were any contaminants in her chinese formula, but we are confident that there were none since I bought the Enfamil brand since it was familiar looking even in Chinese. Her orthopedic appt is the end of October and she has an optomology appt. in early February.

As for Ali...no word from our Guate agency but they are in Louisiana and I'm pretty sure they are under water so I'm not asking them anything right now. I emailed our attorney in Guate, but Monday was a holiday there and no word from him yet. We heard through a friend that they are bringing in Ali's birthmom again for another doctor appointment so at least they are aware. We don't know when though. We are planning on sending her a dvd of all of us for her b-day in November so Ali won't be totally surprised by Cupcake's existence if she ever does get home.

New pics of Cupcake from lunchtime today...


1 comment:

Tracy Peed said...

Yeah! Good to hear things are going so well. Jackson has a shoe thing too - must be a Wuxi thing. Did you see all the shoes lined up when we were there. We did playgroup this week too and Jax did OK - still not super happy in groups, but we are getting there. Looks like you are having fun. Thanks for the announcement - Cupcake looked adorable and Jax points her while we eat. Take care!

Tracy

When They Were Babies

When They Were Babies