Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Not just forgotten...

I know the real saying is "lost but not forgotten" but here we have "not only forgotten, but also lost!" Turns out Ali's birthmother's forgetting her ID is a bit of a bigger deal than we thought yesterday. I do not know why a photocopy from our file will not suffice and satisfy the judge who supposedly now wants the adoption to complete and does not want to hold it up any longer. But she needs our attorney to bring in an official copy of the birthmom's ID card (it is actually the cedula which is like a birth certificate/id card). Our attorney met with the judge and says she is ready to sign off on this adoption but needs that cedula. The attorney wanted to take it to the judge today. It is not only forgotten. It is lost.

Now our agency has to send someone to help Ali's birthmother fill out the forms to file for a new cedula. Civil registry stuff is a disaster in Guate right now from everything we've heard, so this will add weeks to our wait for a final and official decision. So much for knowing for sure by Ali's birthday tomorrow.

ARRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 comment:

lpiccoli said...

Good grief!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lisen, I will shave my legs tomorrow , and maybe that will help! I hear that works. Was that too much info?????????

;-)

Hang in there my friend. I see the light at the end of this long tunnel you guys have been traveling through for the last three years. Ali is coming home!!!!!!!!!!!

Hugs from chilly GA,

Laura

When They Were Babies

When They Were Babies