Tuesday, May 19, 2009

nothing to report

No word from the US Embassy. They have now gone over their four day turn-around time. We have emailed three times. We have called every phone number anyone can come up with and can't get a human who can tell us anything. I now have less than no confidence in the US Embassy personnel in Guatemala so don't anyone count on actually getting any help from them should an actual emergency happen to anyone while in Guatemala.

Someday when I can see straight or at least past the anger I feel for the US Embassy right now, I'll post about the various phone calls that occured today because it really was bizarre. For now we just keep waiting. At least until things open up again tomorrow and we can call our senator's office again and start hounding the Embassy in Guate again. We can supposedly speak to a human who might actually know something between 2 and 3 pm Guatemalan time on Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays. We'll try.

And I can't post the cute pictures I got yesterday of Ali from the doctor's office where she went to be officially diagnosed with the chicken pox because my computer has yet another virus and is down for the count. Suffice it to say, Ali was vaccinated thanks to us last year so her case is mild. She looks happy as a clam with a lollipop in her mouth. But covered with spots she is.

Here's hoping for a better day tomorrow.

2 comments:

lpiccoli said...

Lisen, I am so sorry. I know you must be furious and so disappointed. They sure cannot say that adoption is not a journey of faith and patience, because somedays it is so overwhelming you can barely catch a breath.

Hang in there. We are thinking of you here in GA, and if there is anybody I can call for you to complain a bit more, please let me know. I would be glad to help.

Laura

La Chica Loca & HerCrazyLife said...

Lisen,
Im so sorry this is not going the way you'd like it to go. I just want to let you know that I love you! This WILL work out and as you know, it will be worth all the trouble.
Hang in there!

Rosa

When They Were Babies

When They Were Babies