Saturday, May 9, 2009

This could be good!

Things might be looking up for us in Guatemala. By the end of the week we finally heard from the lab where Ali's DNA was being tested, and the test had been finished and results overnighted to Guate last Monday. The FedEx envelope arrived there on Tuesday. So that should be all set.

Our attorney got the necessary document from FC #6 on Thursday and started having it translated to English for the Embassy (personally I think people who go to a foreign country to work at the US Embassy there should speak the language of the country in which they are living and working but the USA has always been too English-centric and way behind the rest of the world in foreign languages if you ask me). He plans on submitting the translated document on Monday. We can only hope that that is the last piece of paperwork, the last hoop to jump through, that the US Embassy wants on this case. If so, everything they need will be there by the end of Monday. They have only a few days according to their own policy to issue us what is known as the PINK slip. It's the notice of our visa appointment for Ali. For all my China-adopt friends PINK is the same thing as getting your CA date. Except in Guatemala that date could be only a few days after they tell you about it. Or up to two weeks later. And the notification comes to my email right from the Embassy. But as long as the Embassy doesn't suddenly say they meant to ask for something else too, we could have PINK by the middle to end of next week!!!!! J could need to go to Guate the week of the 18th! Here I am getting my hopes up again.

Hope you're all enjoying this roller coaster ride with me.

8 comments:

Mamita J said...

Yeah Lisen!!!

May this be the FINAL hoop for you guys to jump through.

God bless,
Julie

Cindi Campbell said...

OH! MY! This is a roller coaster ride. Maybe this is the last twist and turn or perhaps another whip around to the end. LOL Glad things are looking up and Ali will be home soon.

lpiccoli said...

Lisen, I sure am with you and Jason in spirit. Hang in there, you guys are so close to bring Ali home!! And then it will be SEVEN of you!!!! WOW!!!! Can you believe it?

Keep us posted.

Hugs from GA,

Laura

Wuxi Mommy said...

Yeah!! I hope this time it really DOES happen for all of you!! Goodness knows you've gone through enough red tape to bring home a dozen children:) Keeping our fingers crossed that you have good news in your inbox soon!

Lola Granola said...

Finger crossed--you deserve a piece of luck!

Mommy said...

I bet you are stalking your Inbox like a mad woman! I pray this is the end of this crazy road and the beginning of pure joy as a family of SEVEN! I can't wait to read your good news this week.

Blessings,
M

kelly said...

It's getting so close!! I do love roller coasters, but this one has definitely left me a little dizzy. I can only imagine how out of whack your equilibrium must be by now. LOL
Looking forward to the end of the ride!

kelly said...

It's getting so close!! I do love roller coasters, but this one has definitely left me a little dizzy. I can only imagine how out of whack your equilibrium must be by now. LOL
Looking forward to the end of the ride!

When They Were Babies

When They Were Babies