Thursday, December 11, 2008

Last night at 10:45pm--UPDATED

Our agency forwarded an email from our Guate attorney.

It just said that he was finally notified that the case has been approved.

That's all he said. We will talk to them later today and get more details. They mentioned something about three days until something. Not sure what that's about. I really want to get excited, but we have been burned SO MANY TIMES with this process and these people, that I need more information before we can do some serious celebrating.

But I think Ali is OURS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


UPDATE: Our attorney has the file. He is going today to pick up some certified documents that have been added to the file I guess during its stay in FC#6. He is drawing up the adoption documents today, and the judge has issued a court order for the birthmom and the translator to sign something too (the adoption decree perhaps?) so they HAVE to sign it by law or they'll get arrested. That seems strange but I guess is good news for us. Ali's birthmom is coming into GC tomorrow to sign. Then it's on to RENAP (registro Nacional de las Personas) to get Ali a new birth certificate which lists us as her parents and her last name as Kern.

That could take days or it will, more likely, take months. With that new birth cert. our attorney will get her a Guatemalan passport. Somewhere in that time frame everything gets submitted to the US Embassy in Guate which then issues whatever is needed for the 2nd DNA test to make sure that Ali is still the same child whose DNA matched that of her birthmother back in April 2006. Getting the DNA takes a couple weeks. Once the US Embassy has that back, they can issue us an appointment date/time to come in for a visa interview and the day after that appointment Ali will get a visa to the USA and we can come home. Plenty of room for many more things to go wrong still, but THE ADOPTION HAS BEEN APPROVED!

9 comments:

Cindi Campbell said...

Oh! My what a great Christmas present. Two new little ones for Christmas. I hope so.
Cindi Campbell

kelly said...

I am on pins and needles!!! I can only imagine how you are feeling right now. Okay, now I am getting teary eyed. Fingers crossed!!

Kelly

shannon said...

It's the BEST news...and yet will you just tell us it is absolutely and finally decided? Maybe you won't be able to believe that until she is in your arms! Oh Lisen I'm so excited for you. Finally, finally, finally.

Tracy Peed said...

Oh Lisen! I have goosebumps!!! This is such wonderful news. I know you have waited so long to get Ali home and have had so many ups and downs. Keep us posted!!

Tracy

shelley said...

Have a holly jolly Ali Christmas!! What great news.

Mommy said...

Oh my GOODNESS!!!!!!!! That is awesome news. I only "know" you through your blog and the Xingfu board but I wish I could give you a HUGE hug!!!!!!!! I have been praying for your sweet Ali since I first found your blog months ago. I hope this turns into the BEST Christmas MIRACLE for the Kern family.

Blessings,
M

Cindy said...

Wonderful news!!!! Keeping my fingers crossed for you that it is smooth sailing from here on out!
Best wishes from a fellow Homelander!

Cassie said...

I can't belive it... I JUST CAN'T believe it. I was just sitting here today thinking of her coming home. I had no idea....

Lola Granola said...

I am very excited for you--I know it's hard to believe after all these setbacks, but maybe--maybe, maybe--smooth from here???

When They Were Babies

When They Were Babies